Create & edit movies
Make your photos and videos into short movies that you can edit later.
Before you make a movie
To make or edit movies, you need one of these Android devices:Supported Android devices
HTC One (HTC and GPe versions)
HTC One (M8)
HTC One (Sprint and, possibly, CellSouth)
HTC One (Verizon)
HTC One Max
HTC One Mini
LG G Pad 8.3 (non-GPe) (KK and above)
LG Palman (KK and above)
Moto Droid M
Moto Droid Ultra
Moto Droid Ultra Maxx
Moto G (DVX)
Moto X (2013 & 2014 versions)
Nexus 5 and 5X
Nexus 6 and 6P
Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013 versions)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Samsung Galaxy S4 (GPe) [KK and above]
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Sony Xperia SP
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
Sony Xperia Z Ultra (GPe) [KK and above]
Sony Xperia Z1
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Sony Xperia Z2
Make a movie
- Open the Google Photos app .
- At the bottom, tap Photos.
- Touch and hold the first photo or video that you want to include, then select the rest.
- At the top right, tap Create Movie.
- To see your movie, tap Play .
- To add a title, at the top, tap Untitled.
You can change the music and themes, and remove or reorder clips:
- Music: Tap Music .
- Theme: At the bottom left, tap Themes . You can change the themes while the movie is playing to see how they look.
- Reorder and remove clips: Tap Edit .
- Touch and hold a clip and drag it to put it in a different order.
- Tap the clip that you want to remove Bin .
When you've finished editing, tap Done .
If you delete photos or videos from your Google Photos library:
If you delete a photo or video that's in one of your movies, that photo or video will stay in the movie unless you edit the movie.
If you edit a movie that features a photo or video that was deleted, that item will automatically be removed from the movie.