Create & edit movies
Get your photos and videos made into short movies that you can edit later.
Note: You'll need a phone or tablet to make or edit movies – it can't be done on a computer yet.
Step 1: Check your device
You'll need an iPhone, iPad, or one of these Android devices:Supported Android devices
HTC One (HTC and GPe versions)
HTC One (M8)
HTC One (Sprint and, possibly, CellSouth)
HTC One (Verizon)
HTC One Max
HTC One Mini
LG G Pad 8.3 (non-GPe) (KK and above)
LG Palman (KK and above)
Moto Droid M
Moto Droid Ultra
Moto Droid Ultra Maxx
Moto G (DVX)
Moto X (2013 & 2014 versions)
Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013 versions)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Samsung Galaxy S4 (GPe) [KK and above]
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Sony Xperia SP
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
Sony Xperia Z Ultra (GPe) [KK and above]
Sony Xperia Z1
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Sony Xperia Z2
Step 2: Make a movie
Choose the photos and videos you want to include in your movie.
- Open the Google Photos app on your phone or tablet .
- At the top left, touch the menu icon > Photos.
- At the top right, touch the create icon > Movie.
- Select the photos and videos you want to include.
- At the top, touch CREATE.
- View your movie by touching the play icon . Optional: see below to edit your movie.
- At the top, touch SAVE.
Optional: Edit your movie
You can change the music, theme, and remove or reorder clips:
- Music: Touch the music icon .
- Theme: At the bottom left, touch the photo icon . You can change the themes while the movie is playing to see how they look.
- Reorder clips:
- Touch the film strip icon .
- Touch and hold a clip to drag it somewhere else.
- Remove clips: Touch the film strip icon , then:
- Android: Swipe the clip away.
- iOS: touch the clip > trash icon .
When you're done editing, touch the done icon .Note about deleting
If you delete photos or videos from your Google Photos library, here are two things to keep in mind:
- If you delete a photo or video that's in one of your movies, that photo or video will stay in the movie unless you edit the movie.
- If you edit a movie that features a photo or video that was deleted, that item will automatically be removed from the movie.
Andrea is a Google Photos expert and wrote this page. Help her improve it by leaving feedback below.