Manage your Assistant cards
You may see album or archive suggestions, creations and more in the Assistant section of the Google Photos app.
Check your Assistant
The Assistant section of Google Photos allows you to do things like:
- See effects that were created for you from your photos and videos.
- Be reminded of photos from a year or two ago.
- Find suggestions to add photos to an album or archive.
See the Assistant section
On your computer, go to photos.google.com/assistant.
If you want to see more cards, take more photos and videos, then back them up.
Types of Assistant cards
Check whether something has been created for you
- On your computer, open photos.google.com/assistant.
- Look for cards that say things such as 'New movie' or 'New stylised photo'.
- At the bottom, click View unsaved creations (if you can't see any, then you don't have any creations to view).
If there are new photos that may be related to an existing album, you might see an Assistant card to add to the album.You can review the photos and the album before you add to the album.
If you have photos of documents, receipts or anything that you don’t want to see in your Photos library, you can get an Assistant card to move them to the archive.You can review the photos before you hide them.
Remove an Assistant card
To remove an Assistant card, click Dismiss .
Stop seeing Assistant cards
To stop seeing suggestions, creations or 'Rediscover this day' cards:
- On your computer, open photos.google.com/settings.
- Click Assistant cards .
- On the Assistant card that you want to stop seeing, click the switch.