Spam and Caller ID:
- Help you get information about callers or businesses outside your contacts
- Provide warnings about potential spam callers
To help assign a business Caller ID and avoid scams and fraud in Google products, Google gathers various signals about the call.
To provide the variety of signals for that determination, Google gathers a remote phone number from callers or receivers outside your Contacts list only. Google doesn’t get phone numbers from your Contact list. Google doesn’t share remote phone numbers or any of this data with our business partners.
- When you or other users mark a phone number as spam, Google uses that information to help determine if that call is likely to be spam. When you receive a call that Google determines is likely to be spam, Google warns you on the incoming call screen by highlighting the potential spam caller.
- You and other users can also report a business name or a business category for all their calls. Google gathers those reports to make a determination for the business phone number and assigns a Caller ID for that business. When you make or receive a phone call, Google shows that business’ Caller ID.
You can opt-out of Spam or Caller ID notifications at any time. If you opt-out:
- You won’t get warnings about potential spam callers.
- Google won’t collect phone number information from callers or receivers.
- You can’t view displayed Caller IDs.
- You can’t share feedback about Caller IDs.
To turn off Spam and Caller ID:
- On your device, open the Phone app .
- Tap More options Settings Spam and Call Screen.
- Turn off See caller & spam ID.