Validate the signature on your invoice in India
- The invoice PDF documents you receive must be digitally signed to confirm their validity if you’re based in India and contract with any of the following:
- Google India Private Limited
- Google Cloud India
- Google Asia Pacific
- Google Ireland
How to confirm the digital signature on your invoice
For your protection, you can confirm the validity of the digital signature on your invoices.
Note: To validate a digital signature, you must use Adobe PDF software, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader. PDF viewers such as Apple's Preview or Chrome’s PDF Viewer cannot be used.
To validate the digital signature:
Open the invoice PDF document in Adobe Acrobat Reader, and look at the notification bar at the top of the document window.
- If you see a green checkmark, the signatures have been validated.
- If you see "At least one signature has problems," either the signature can't be validated or you need to add the signature certificate of the Google entity issuing the invoice to your trusted sources. Once you've added the signature to your trusted sources, properly signed documents from that entity will show a green checkmark.
Add your Google entity to your trusted sources:
- Open the invoice PDF document in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Right-click the Digitally signed notice at the top of the invoice, and select Show signature properties.
- Review the signature’s certificate details in the "Summary" tab of the "Certificate Viewer" window.
- Verify that the signature belongs to the Google entity that issues your invoices.
- Verify that the certificate was issued by "eMudhra," a certifying authority for Google’s digital signatures in India.
- Confirm that the certificate's dates are still valid and that the certificate was issued for the purpose of digital signing.
- Select the Trust tab in the "Certificate Viewer" window.
- Select Add to trusted certificates to add the certificate as a trusted source, and select OK.
- Select the Certified documents check box to trust this certificate, and select OK.
- Select Validate signature.
A green checkmark appears in the notification bar for documents properly signed with the digital signature of this Google entity.