Permanently close your payments profile
Closing your Google payments profile removes your transaction and payment information permanently. You cannot re-open a closed payments profile.
Important: If you close your payments profile, you cannot:
- Buy things from Google Play or other Google products
- Use Google Pay to make purchases
- Send or request money with Google Pay Send or Gmail
- Store gift cards, loyalty programmes and payment info
- View your transaction history
After closing your profile, you must create a new payments profile if you want to buy Google products and services or receive payments from Google. You can create a new profile by buying something from Google or by signing up for a Google service that pays you.
Consider removing payment methods
If you want to close your payments profile because of concerns about the security of one of your payment methods (such as a credit card), consider removing that payment method from your profile. That way you can still access your payment information, methods and transaction histories.
If you have multiple payments profiles
Use the 'Close your payments profile' tool to close your most recently used profile. If you have multiple payments profiles, first select the profile that you want to close by following these steps:
- Sign in to the payments profile.
- Select the payments profile that you want to close.
- Continue to the Close your payments profile tool.
Close your payments profile
You can only close a payments profile if you're the admin or profile owner.
To close your payments profile, use the Close your payments profile tool.