Enter merchant tax information
To get timely merchant payouts from Google, make sure you enter the tax information below to your payments profile.
Social Security Number (SSN)If you’re an individual or sole proprietor and file your tax return using your Social Security Number (SSN), you must use it when you update your payments profile. It’s important our merchant account records match what you have on file with the IRS. Note: You have a limited number of attempts to provide the correct information.
Employer Identification Number (EIN)Corporations, partnerships, or limited liability company (LLCs) must provide the federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) and business name in their payments profile so they match the information we give to the IRS.
Legal business name
- Individuals and sole proprietors: Enter your legal first and last name
- Corporations, partnerships, and LLCs: Enter the full company name
Enter or change your tax information
To enter or change your tax information, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the payments profile.
- Click Settings.
- Find Payments profile then find [your country] tax info and click Edit .
- To enter or edit your tax info, click Update Tax Info.
To submit the W-9 to the IRS from within your payments profile, answer the questions, then fill out the W-9 form and click Submit.Answer the questions and click Submit to submit the Certificate of Foreign Status (W-8BEN) to the IRS from within your payments profile.
- Click Save.
We must file Form 1099-K for Google Play developers who make more than $20,000 in gross sales and have more than 200 payment transactions a year.
Request year-end tax forms
- US-based (1099-MISC or 1099-K): Submit on or after February 5 of the current year
- Non-US-based (1042-S): Submit on or after March 15 of the current year