To use Play Console to create your payments profile, follow the steps below:
- Sign up for a Google developer account or sign in to go to Play Console to create your payments profile. Note: If you're a Chrome Web Store developer with apps or extensions already in the Chrome Web Store, make sure that you use the same email address when you sign up for your Play Console and payments profile so that those apps/extensions will be automatically linked to your payments profile.
- Go to the Payments settings page (Settings > Developer account > Payment settings).
- Click Create payments profile. Make sure that you have your business information available to set up your payments profile.
- Under 'Payments profile', click the down arrow and select Create payments profile.
- Name and address:
- Enter the legal name of your business as you want it to appear on your payments profile. This information will be shown to your customers and also on your receipts.
- Provide your legal business address as it appears on official documents. It’s important that we have a valid physical address on file for your business. We don't allow you to use a PO box address. Later, you'll need to make sure that your bank account is registered in the same country listed in your payments profile. Find out more about bank account requirements.
- Primary contact: Enter the name of an authorised representative for your company whom Google can contact if we have questions about your payments profile. Provide an email address and a phone number (optional).
- Enter the following public business information, or choose to match your public merchant profile and payments profile information:
- Enter your business website.
- Select the category of products that you sell.
- Your customer support email.
- The business/product name that will appear on your customers' credit card statements.
- Note: To help customers remember what they purchased and keep chargebacks to a minimum for you, use an appropriate credit card statement name.
- When you've finished, click Submit.
Note: You cannot change your business location country but you can change your public merchant and payments profiles later.
For Chrome developers with apps/extensions already in Chrome Web Store, use the email associated with those apps/extensions when you create your Play Console and payments profile so that they are automatically associated to your new accounts.
If you have several shop fronts or websites, you can create multiple payments profiles. You’ll use a different email to sign in to each account. Although you can use the same bank account information for more than one account, you may be required to complete the verification process each time.