To use Play Console to create your payments profile, follow the steps below:
- Sign up for a Google developer accountor sign in to go to Play Console to create your payments profile. Note: If you're a Chrome Web Store developer with apps or extensions already in the Chrome Web Store, make sure you use the same email address when you sign up for your Play Console and payments profile so those apps / extensions will be automatically linked to your payment profile.
- Go to the Payments settings page (Setup Payments profile).
- Click Create payments profile. Make sure to have your business info available to set up your payments profile.
- Under "Payments profile," click the down arrow and select Create payments profile.
- Name and address:
- Enter the legal name of your business as you want it to appear on your payments profile. This info is shown to your customers and on your receipts.
- Provide your legal business address as it appears on official documents. It’s important that we have a valid physical address on file for your business. We don't allow you to use a PO box address. Later, you'll need to make sure that your bank account is registered in the same country listed in your payments profile. Learn more about bank account requirements.
- Primary contact: Enter the name of an authorized representative for your company who Google can contact if we have questions about your payments profile. Provide an email address and a phone number (optional).
- Enter the following public business information, or choose to match your public merchant profile and payments profile information:
- Enter your business website.
- Select the category of products that you sell.
- Your customer support email.
- The business or product name that'll appear on your users' credit card statements.
- Tip: To help customers remember what they purchased and keep chargebacks to a minimum for you, use an appropriate credit card statement name.
- When you finish, click Submit.
Tip: You can't change your business location country but you can change your public merchant and payments profiles later.
Merchants can use the payments center to manage sales of apps and extensions you offer in the Chrome Web Store. After creating a payments profile, the email used at sign up will automatically link the payments profile to the associated Chrome Web Store apps and extensions.
You can handle all app and extension sales reports, refunds, taxes, and customer support issues through the payments profile.
If you have several storefronts or websites, you can create multiple payments profiles. You’ll use a different email to sign in to each account. While you can use the same bank account information for more than one account, we may require you to complete the verification process each time.