Add a bank account
Verify bank account
To use a bank account as a payment method in your payment profile, you must verify it.
U.S.-based merchants who get their merchant payouts from Google through Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) can instantly verify their bank account. Unlike the test deposit verification method, which takes several days, verifying your bank instantly takes just a few seconds.
To verify your information was entered accurately and make sure merchant payments will be seamless, Google will make a small deposit into your bank account. It may take up to 3 business days for your bank to process this deposit.
Contact your bank or find the deposit on your bank statement. The deposit will be labeled "Google Deposit [your chosen credit card statement name}". This deposit will be less than $1.00 USD.
To verify your bank account, after you get the deposit amount using your bank statement or by calling your bank, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Payments profile.
- Click Subscriptions & services.
- Under "Merchant services," click Account details.
- Under "How you get paid", click Manage payment methods.
- Find the name of the payment method you want to verify and click Fix.
- On the next screen, use the dropdown to select the amount that was deposited into your account by Google, then click Verify.
- After you verify your bank account, to get merchant payments from Google, you can select your primary account by following the steps below:
- Click Subscriptions, then find "Merchant services" and click Account details.
- Find "How you get paid," then click Choose payment method.
- Find the account you want to make your primary payment account and click Down arrow to change its status from None to Primary.
Note: To get merchant payouts from Google for charged orders, make sure you also follow these steps to verify your identity.