A chargeback occurs after a customer contacts their credit card issuer to dispute a charge that appears on their credit card statement. Chargebacks may be issued for a number of reasons including but not limited to the following:
- An unauthorized party has made a purchase with the customers credit card.
- The customer has concerns about the validity of the purchase.
- The customer has been charged multiple times for the same order.
- The customer is unsatisfied with a purchase and hasn't been able to resolve the problem with the merchant.
- The customer hasn't received the purchased items as they were described.
- The customer hasn't received the purchased items.