Transaction fees for merchants

All purchases in Google Play are subject to a transaction fee to the merchant. These fees vary by currency.

Google Play transaction fees to the developer

The transaction fee for all purchases in Google Play (apps and in-app purchases) is 30% of the price the customer pays. In other words, developers get 70% of the payment and the remaining 30% goes to the distribution partner and operating fees.


App price

Transaction fee

Merchant payment from Google




Important: Transaction fees and taxes are calculated separately. Learn more about setting your own sales tax rates, collecting sales tax, and see if Google is required to collect tax from certain customers on your behalf.

Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?

Need more help?

Sign in for additional support options to quickly solve your issue

Payments center updates

Welcome to the new Google payments center help experience! You can now find support for both sellers and business consumers in one place. Learn more about what’s new.

Clear search
Close search
Google apps
Main menu
Search Help Center