Create a payments profile
Follow these steps to use Play Console to create your payments profile.
- Sign up for a Google developer accountor sign in to go to Play Console to create your payments profile. Note: If you are a Chrome Web Store developer with apps or extensions already in the Chrome Web Store, use the same email address when you sign up for your Play Console and payments profile so those apps / extensions will be automatically linked to this payment profile.
- Click Settings > Account details.
- Under "Merchant Account," click Set up a merchant account. You will be redirected from Play Console to the payments center to set up your payments profile. Make sure to have your business information available to set up your payments profile.
- Enter your legal business name. Enter the name of your business as you want it to appear on your payments profile. This information will be shown to your customers and also on your receipts.
- Enter contact name. Enter the name of an authorized representative for your company who Google can contact if we have questions about your payments profile.
- Enter business location. Provide your legal business address as it appears on official documents. It’s important that we have a valid, physical address on file for your business. We do not support PO box addresses at this time. Later you will need to make sure that your bank account is registered in the same country listed in your payments profile. Learn more about bank account requirements.
- Enter business phone number. Google will use this number to contact you if we have questions about your account.
- Enter your public business information or choose to have your public merchant profile and payments profile information match. Fill in the fields for your business website, the category of your products ("What you sell"), your customer support email, and the business / product name that will appear on your customers' credit card statement. Using an appropriate credit card statement name helps customers remember what they have purchased and can help keep chargebacks to a minimum for you.
- Double check your info and click Submit. You can't change your business location country but you can change your public merchant and payments profiles later.
For Chrome developers with apps / extensions already in Chrome Web Store, use the email associated with those apps / extensions when you create your Play Console and payments profile so they are automatically associated to your new accounts.
If you have several storefronts or websites, you can create multiple payments profiles. You’ll use a different email to sign in to each account. While you can use the same bank account information for more than one account, you may be required to complete the verification process each time.