Payments profile closure
- Non-delivery of orders
- Terms of service violation
- Excessive chargeback disputes, or negative buyer ratings: If you’ve received an excessive number of chargebacks, disputes, or negative ratings in relation to the total number of orders you’ve processed, your account may be subject to closure. Examples of issues that may result in customer complaints include non-receipt of orders, receipt of an item that isn’t as described, or a negative customer service experience.
- Inability to verify profile information: We regularly review payments profiles to ensure that the contact information (contact name, address, phone number, and business name) is accurate. If we’re unable to verify this information, your profile may be closed.
- Outstanding negative balance: When you refund orders for which you have already received a merchant payment, your account balance can become negative. Your payments profile may also incur a negative balance if there are chargebacks for which you’re found liable. If you don’t reconcile your negative balance with new orders or allow Google to collect the owed funds from your bank account within 48 hours your profile may be subject to closure.
After payments profile closure
After your payments profile has been closed, the following changes will be in effect:
- No access: You will no longer have access to view or alter any of your payments profile details, including order details and your identification information.
- No future transactions accepted: You will not be able to process any future transactions or receive payments. In addition, any future payments profiles you attempt to open will be barred / closed.
- Reserves: In some cases Google may retain a portion of your remaining funds to offset refunds, chargebacks, or other claims against your balance. If Google has instituted a reserve on your profile, you will receive an email regarding this process.
Terms of service
Per the Terms of Service (U.S. Section 2.3), Google Payment Corp. ("GPC") has the right (i) to change, suspend or discontinue the Service, in whole or in part, as necessary to perform maintenance or updates to the Service and (ii) to impose limits on certain features or restrict access to parts or all of the Service without notice and without liability. GPC may decline to process any Payment Transaction in connection with, among other reasons, fraud prevention activities, applicable law, or GPC policies.