Merchants use their payments profile to receive payments from Google (“merchant payments”), manage orders, track sales and more. These merchants include:
- Android app developers who monetize their apps in Google Play
- Chrome Web Store developers
BenefitsOnce you’ve set up a payments profile and linked it to your Google Play Developer Console or your Chrome Web Store apps, you can use the payments profile to:
- Add a bank account to receive merchant payments from Google
- Submit required tax information and forms
- Manage your public merchant profile
- Set up, view and manage sales tax rates
- View reports
- Resolve chargebacks
- Process refunds
- Cancel subscriptions
- Track and receive payments directly to a bank account
Protecting your personal information
Our highest priority is to enable secure transactions between customers and merchants. To this end, Google uses the following security measures.
- We encrypt payment transactions with industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology.
- Bank account details and credit card information are stored in a single location on Google’s secure servers. In addition, these details are only accessed when needed to complete transactions.