Search
Clear search
Close search
Google apps
Main menu

Looking for consumer help? Visit payments centre help for consumers.

Transaction fees

All purchases in the Google Play and Chrome Web Stores and YouTube Fan Funded donations are subject to a transaction fee. These fees vary by platform (e.g. Google Play Store vs. Chrome Web Store) and currency.  

Google Play Store transaction fees to the developer

The transaction fee for all purchases in Google Play (apps and in-app purchases) is 30% of the price the customer pays. In other words, developers receive 70% of the payment and the remaining 30% goes to the distribution partner and operating fees.

Example:

App price

Transaction fee

Merchant payment from Google

£10.00

£3.00

£7.00

 

Chrome Web Store transaction fees to the developer

The transaction fee for app purchases in Chrome Web Store is 5% of the app price. In other words, developers receive 95% of the purchase price.

Example:

App price Transaction fee Merchant payment from Google
£1.99 £0.10 £1.89

 

Learn more about Chrome Web Store payments and fees.

YouTube Fan Funded donation transaction fees to content creator

The table below shows the fees for the currencies Google supports. Google automatically deducts these fees from each Fan Funded donation in that currency.

 

Country Fee
Australia AUD $0.23 + 5%
France, Spain EUR €0.15 + 5%
Japan JPY ¥22 + 5%
Mexico MXN $2.70 + 5%
United Kingdom GBP £0.12 + 5%
United States USD $0.21 + 5%

 

Example:

Fan Funded donation Transaction fee Your total donation 
£10.00 USD £0.71 (£0.21 + £10.00 * 5%) £9.29  (£10.00 - £0.71 transaction fee)

 

Learn more about Fan Funded donations and the YouTube for Nonprofits Programme.

Transaction fees and taxes are calculated separately. Specify your own sales tax rates, collect sales tax, and see if Google is required to collect tax from certain customers on your behalf.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?