Validate the digital signature on your Google invoice in India
If you are based in India and contract with:
- Google India Private Limited
- Google Cloud India
- Google Asia Pacific, or
- Google Ireland
the invoice PDF documents you receive are digitally signed to confirm their validity. (You'll see a notice of "Digitally Signed" at the top of your invoices.)
Validate the digital signature on your Google invoice
For your protection, you can confirm the validity of the digital signature on your invoices.
Note: To validate a digital signature, you must use Adobe PDF software, such as Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. PDF viewers such as Apple's Preview or Chrome’s PDF viewer cannot be used.
To validate the digital signature:
Open the invoice PDF document in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader, and look at the notification bar at the top of the document window.
- If you see a green check mark, the signatures have been validated.
- If you see "At least one signature has problems," either the signature cannot be validated or you need to add the signature certificate of the Google entity issuing the invoice to your trusted sources. Once you've added the signature to your trusted sources, properly signed documents from that entity will show a green check mark.
To add your Google entity to your trusted sources:
- Open the invoice PDF document in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Right-click the Digitally Signed notice at the top of the invoice, and select Show Signature Properties.
- Review the signature’s certificate details in the "Summary" tab of the "Certificate Viewer" window.
- Verify that the signature belongs to the Google entity that issues your invoices.
- Verify that the certificate was issued by "Emudhra," a certifying authority for Google’s digital signatures in India.
- Confirm that the certificate's dates are still valid and that the certificate was issued for the purpose of digital signing.
- Select the Trust tab in the "Certificate Viewer" window.
- Select Add to Trusted Certificates to add the certificate as a trusted source, and select OK.
- Select the Certified documents check box to trust this certificate, and select OK.
- Select Validate Signature.
A green check mark now appears in the notification bar for documents properly signed with the digital signature of this Google entity.