My order is on hold or cancelled
If your order is on hold or cancelled, you'll get an email letting you know why. Follow the instructions in the email to fix the issue.
How to fix the issueMy order was cancelled
First, find out why your order was cancelled
- Sign in to Transactions
- Click on the order that was cancelled.
- On the right side of the page, you'll see why your order was cancelled.
Next, reach out to the seller
At the bottom of your receipt, you can find the seller's name. Contact the seller if you have any questions about why your order was cancelled.
If your order was cancelled because your payment was declined, you'll need to update your payment information.
Note: A cancelled order can't be started again. Instead, you'll need to create a new order.
When a transaction is cancelled, you still may see a pending charge. Pending charges are just authorizations, and not an actual charge.
If your order was cancelled, the pending charge will be removed in 1-14 business days.
If your order is on hold, it's because your bank declined your credit or debit card.
How to update your payment information
You have 7 days to update your payment information before the order is cancelled. However, orders placed through the Play Store are cancelled immediately.
- Visit payments.google.com and update your payment information.
- If your purchase is approved with your updated payment information, your order will be automatically processed. You don't have to place the order again.
What to check for when updating your payment information
- The card number has no spaces or dashes.
- Your card hasn't expired and you're using the correct expiration date.
- You've entered the correct Card Verification Code (CVC)
- Your billing address matches the billing address for your credit or debit card.
See all your order information
- Sign in to payments.google.com with your Google Account.
- On the "Transactions" page, you'll see any recent orders and their status.