Disable, close, or reopen your Google payments profile
You have the option to temporarily disable or permanently close your Google payments profile.
Before you begin
Important: We recommend that you temporarily disable your profile instead of closing it.
When you temporarily disable your profile, you can reopen it later and still keep a record of your past transactions.
When you close your profile, it’s permanent. You won’t be able to pay for any Google products or services with your Google account, and you won’t be able to reopen it.
Disable or close your payments profile
You need to have admin ownership of the profile you'd like to disable or close. Follow the steps below to disable or close your profile.
- Sign in to Settings.
- At the bottom, click Close payments profile.
- Click Continue.
- Click Temporarily disable your payments profile or Permanently close your payments profile.
- If you disable your profile, you can reopen it later.
- If you close your profile, you have 60 days to reopen it. After 60 days you can’t reopen your profile or create a new one with the same email address.
- Click Confirm. If there are any errors that you need to resolve before you can disable your account, they will appear.
Re-enable your profile
To reopen your profile if you’ve temporarily disabled it, contact us.