Verify your identity
If you're in the United States or in the United Kingdom, you might have to verify your identity before you can complete certain transactions.
How to verify your identity
To verify your identity go to payments.google.com/kyc, or:
- Sign in to google.com/payments with your Google Account.
- In the top right corner, click Settings .
- Find the "Verify identity" section, click Verify.
- Enter the requested information.
- Click Verify your identity. You'll be asked for more information if it's needed.
Why you may be asked to verify your identity
When you make certain kinds of payments, Google is required by financial regulators to request, verify, and record information that identifies each person who uses this service.
Information used to verify your identity includes details like your name, address, or date of birth.
How information about your identity is used
Google will only use this information later for fraud prevention.
The verification process won't impact your credit score or credit rating.