Fix errors or delays sending or receiving money
If you can’t send money or the transaction fails, choose the error you’re experiencing.
Unusual activity on your account
If you got a message that you can’t send or receive money because of unusual account activity, try the following.
- Try to claim the money to a different payment method.
- If linked cards or bank accounts don’t work, try your Google Pay balance.
- If that doesn’t work, contact us.
Can’t send money
If you have other issues sending money, try the following.
- Double-check for typos in the email address or phone number you’re trying to send to.
- Double-check that you aren’t trying to send money to a group alias. It has to be sent to an individual account.
- If you’re sending to a Google Account, reach out to the recipient to find out if:
- Their address is in the same country as yours. You can only send money to people in your country.
- They’ve deleted or disabled their account.
- They’ve disabled Google Pay from using their account.
- They're using an account through work, school, or another group where the administrator has disabled Google Pay. If so, they can ask their administrator to turn Google Pay Send on.
- If you’re sending to a phone number, make sure the number is valid.
- Only numbers in the US, Puerto Rico, Guam, US Territory, and the UK are valid.
- Money can’t be sent to landlines or phones that don’t accept SMS messages.
"Pending" or delayed transfers
If there is a delay in transferring your money, the transaction may be under review. Some reviews might take up to 10 business days. See how long it takes for money to get transferred or contact us for more information.
Tip: Most delays come from sending money via ACH transfer from your bank account. Try using a debit card in the future for faster transfers.