Let customers save and use passes in shops by integrating the Google Pay API for Passes. Generally, you can expect integration work to be minimal, though it varies based on your desired method of implementation. End-to-end integration typically takes anywhere from a few days to several weeks for more comprehensive integrations in shops and apps.
Here's an overview of the process:
- Request access to the Google Pay API for Passes: We review new requests to access the Google Pay API for Passes on a daily basis. We'll email you after we've approved you for API access. It's important that you follow our content and industry guidelines closely.
- Set up your Google Pay API for Passes Merchant Center account to manage your passes.
- Set up your service account and link it to your Google Pay API for Passes Merchant Center account.
- Identify the cards to digitise, such as loyalty cards, gift cards, offers, event tickets, boarding passes and/or public transport passes.
- Choose the channel(s) where your customers can save your cards to Google Pay such as web, email, SMS or your Google Pay-enabled app. Note: Each card and channel requires a separate integration.
- Use the Google Pay API for Passes to digitise, such as loyalty cards, gift cards, offers, event tickets, boarding passes and/or public transport passes
- Launch your Google Pay API for Passes integration. Integration typically takes about two to seven weeks, depending on the cards and channels that you choose to launch.
Note: Your team can undertake multiple integrations concurrently to save time. Developers should use the Developer site as their main resource for instructions, examples and guidelines on how to integrate the Google Pay API for Passes.