Google Pay API for Passes integration
Let customers save and use passes in stores by integrating the Google Pay API for Passes. Generally you can expect integration work to be minimal, though it varies based on your desired method of implementation. End-to-end integration typically takes a matter of days to several weeks for more comprehensive integrations in stores and apps.
Here’s an overview of the process:
- Request access to the Google Pay API for Passes: We review new requests to access the Google Pay API for Passes on a daily basis. We'll email you after we’ve approved you for API access. It's important you follow our content and industry guidelines closely.
- Set up your Google Pay API for Passes Merchant Center account to manage your passes.
- Set up your service account and link it to your Google Pay API for Passes Merchant Center account.
- Identify the cards to digitize, such as loyalty cards, gift cards, offers, event tickets, and / or boarding passes.
- Choose the channel(s) where your customers can save your cards to Google Pay such web, email, sms, and / or your Google Pay-enabled app. Note: Each card and channel requires a separate integration.
- Use the Google Pay API for Passes to digitize your loyalty cards, gift cards, offers, event tickets, and boarding passes.
- Launch your Google Pay API for Passes integration. Typically integration takes about 2 to 7 weeks depending on the cards and channels you choose to launch.
Note: Your team can undertake multiple integrations concurrently to save time. Developers should use the Developer site as their main resource for instructions, examples, and guidelines on how to integrate the Google Pay API for Passes.