Use the information below to troubleshoot if:
- The product or service that you ordered was missing or unsatisfactory.
- You sent money to a merchant but the transaction hasn't been successful.
Fix issues with order delivery or quality
If the product or service that you ordered was missing or unsatisfactory, contact the merchant’s customer support.
Fix issues with payments to merchants
If you sent money to a merchant but the transaction hasn’t been successful, use the information below to troubleshoot.
Important: After you've sent money to a merchant, you can't cancel the transaction.
Step 1: Check transaction status
- Open Google Pay .
- From the bottom of the screen, slide your finger up to show your merchants.
- To see all transactions, at the bottom, tap All transactions.
- To see transactions with a specific merchant, tap the merchant.
- Tap on each transaction to view more details.
It may take up to 3 days for your bank to complete the transaction. After the processing period, the transaction status will change to 'Success' or 'Failed'.
Tip: Don't try to make the same payment while the status is 'Payment processing'.
The following statuses may appear when viewing your bank statement:
- Success: The merchant will get the money.
- Failed: The money will be put back into your account within 5 business days.
Step 2: Wait 3 days
Wait for your bank to complete the transaction. Customer support cannot help if it's been 3 days or less since your transaction.
Step 3: Check bank statements
Sometimes banks take extra time to transfer money. Ask the merchant to view their bank statement to check if they received the money.
If a transaction failed, check your own statement for the money. Any money deducted from your bank account will be refunded within 5 business days. The entry will say "UPI-REV" or "UPI-RET," followed by the UPI transaction ID.
Step 4: Report the transaction
If the money hasn't been received after 3 business days:
- Open Google Pay .
- Open the transaction you want to report.
- In the top-right, tap More Raise a dispute Continue.
Do you have issues with Google Pay app?
Click the button below