About Audio QR
Audio QR is the technology behind Tez Mode that uses sound to pair your device with another nearby device. You can make secure payments without exchanging any personal information.
Audio QR works on almost every smartphone. All you need is a smartphone with a speaker and a microphone.
Send money to someone nearby
Note: You’ll need an Internet connection.
- On both phones, open the Google Pay app.
- Tap the circle in the middle of the screen to activate Tez Mode.
- Slide the circle up to Pay. Ask the other person to slide the circle down to Receive.
- Tap their profile photo.
- Enter the amount and description.
- Select the form of payment.
- Tap Proceed to pay.
- Enter your UPI PIN.
When the money has been sent, you’ll get a notification.