Error when you add or restore a bank account on Google Pay
- Joint bank accounts aren’t supported on Unified Payment Interface (UPI).
- You will not be able to add a joint bank account linked with the phone number registered with Google Pay.
- Add a single-owned savings or current bank account.
- Check if the phone number registered with Google Pay is associated with any other joint account with the same bank.
- If yes, update the bank account that you're trying to add with a different phone number.
- If you hold more than one single-owned account with the same bank, check if the customer ID for these accounts is the same.
- You will not be able to add your bank on Google Pay if your mobile number is linked to multiple customer IDs with the bank. Please contact your bank to resolve this issue.
What is a customer ID?
A customer ID is a unique identification number that the bank gives to customers with a savings, current, loan or fixed deposit account.
Identify multiple customer IDs
- To find customer ID details, you can check any of the following documents issued by the bank:
- Account statement
- Welcome letter
- You can also check the 11-digit customer identification file (CIF) ID printed on the first page of your passbook and account statement.
Manage multiple customer IDs with your bank accounts
To consolidate all your accounts in a single customer ID and for any other queries, contact your bank.
To get the contact details of your bank, go to the Digisaathi website.