Where you can use Google Pay
|Google Pay symbol||Contactless symbol|
If you add one or more payment methods to Google Pay, you can set up contactless payments.
- Open the Google Pay app .
- At the top left, tap Menu Payment methods.
- Next to the payment method you want to set up for contactless payments, select Enable contactless.
- Follow the instructions to verify your payment method.
Important: When you set up contactless payments in the Google Pay app, your payment method automatically adds to your Android device settings.
- If you uninstall the Google Pay app, your payment method stays in your Android device settings and can still be used. Learn how to remove payment methods from settings.
- If you remove your payment method from the Google Pay app, it’s automatically removed from your device too. Learn how to remove Google Pay payment methods.
Pay in a store
Step 1: Wake up & unlock your phone
Step 2: Hold the back of your phone close to the payment reader for a few seconds
- Try holding your phone in a different way. Your NFC antenna could be near the top or bottom of your device.
- Hold your phone closer to the payment reader.
- Hold your phone for a few extra seconds.
- Double-check that the store accepts mobile payments.
- Contact your bank to make sure your card is working right.
Step 3: If prompted, follow the instructions on the screen
- Debit cards: Enter the PIN you set up with your bank. This PIN is different from the PIN you use to unlock your device.
- Credit cards: For larger transactions, sign the receipt or the signature box on the screen.