Where you can use Google Pay
|Google Pay symbol||Contactless symbol|
Tip: You don’t need to see the Google Pay or contactless symbol to pay with Google Pay.
If you have added one or more payment methods to your Google Pay account, you may be able to set up contactless payments.
- Open the Google Pay app .
- At the bottom, tap Payment.
- Tap a card or payment account.
- Tap Set up in-store payments. You may need to enter the expiration date and CVC of your card.
Pay in a store
Step 1: Wake up & unlock your phone
Step 2: Hold the back of your phone close to the payment reader for a few seconds
- Try holding your phone in a different way. Your NFC antenna could be near the top or bottom of your device.
- Hold your phone closer to the payment reader.
- Hold your phone for a few extra seconds.
- Double-check that the store accepts mobile payments.
- Contact your bank to make sure your card is working right.
Step 3: If prompted, follow the instructions on the screen
- Debit cards: Enter the PIN you set up with your bank. This PIN is different from the PIN you use to unlock your device.
- Credit cards: For larger transactions, sign the receipt or the signature box on the screen.