If you're having problems paying for Google products or you're seeing one of these messages, you might need to fix a problem with your payments profile.
Find the issue that you're experiencing below.
'Your transaction can't be completed'
If you're asked to provide more info after you get this message, follow the on-screen instructions. If you're not asked for more info, try the following steps:
- Try a different payment method.
- Check whether the billing address for your payment method, such as a credit card, matches the address in your Google Pay settings. If they don't match, update your address on pay.google.com and try the transaction again.
- If you're on an app, try to pay on the product website instead. If you're on the website, try the app.
- If you're buying on Google Play: For suggestions, check 'Fix payment issues on your account'.
- If you're using guest checkout on the Google Store: Sign in to your Google Account. If you don't have one, create an account first.
- If you're using an eligible Android phone and paying by credit card: Set up a payment method for contactless transactions.
- If you're paying with a credit card: Contact your bank or financial institution about this transaction.
'Unable to complete transaction: expired card'
Check to see if your payment method is up to date. If it isn't, update it in Google Pay.
Note: These steps also apply if you're seeing the error message 'Your payment didn't go through. Please try a different payment method or try again later.'
Try the following.
- Check to see if your payment method is up to date. If it isn't, update it in Google Pay. Then try your purchase again.
- Make sure that you have enough money in your account for the purchase.
- If you're still having issues, contact your bank to see if there's a problem with your account.
- Try making the purchase again with a different payment method.
'Your payment was declined due to an issue with your account'
If you see this message, it might be because:
- We saw a suspicious transaction on your payments profile.
- We need a little more information to protect your account against fraud.
- We need a little more information to comply with EU law (European customers only).
To fix the issue:
'Unable to process payment: low card balance'
You might not have enough funds in your account to make the payment. Check your account balance or contact your bank.
To fix the issue:
- Go to pay.google.com.
- Take action on any alerts or requests.
- Before you can buy anything through your Google Account, you might need to verify your identity.
- Make sure that your name, address and payment information are up to date.
If you try to buy a Google product or service and get this error, it means that your account was set up by your company or school. To resolve this issue, you need to contact your Google Workspace administrator.
Tip: If you're an administrator, learn how to fix the billing issue.
Find your administrator
Your administrator might be:
- Someone in your IT department or Help desk at a company or school
- The person who manages your email service or website
- The person who gave you your username
Ineligible or greyed-out card
If your card is greyed out or you see a message that your card is ineligible, you won't be able to use it for this type of purchase. Try making the purchase again with a different payment method.
If you can't see the payment method that you want to use, follow the instructions on the screen to add a new one.
Closed Google payments profile
Learn more about what to do if you've permanently closed your payments profile.
Contact us for help
If you're still having trouble, contact Support for your Google product: