Verify your identity
For certain kinds of transactions using your Google payments profile, we might need to verify your identity using information such as your name, address, or date of birth. You might also need to provide us with an image of your ID or proof of address.
How to submit documents
Follow the instructions in the email you received asking you to verify your identity. Make sure your documents:
- Use the same first and last name as in the form and in your profile
- Aren't expired
- Are clearly legible
- Include all 4 corners of the document
Can’t find the email
- Go to pay.google.com.
- At the top, click on the red banner.
- Follow the instructions.
Why we might ask you to verify
Some reasons we might ask you to verify include:
- We saw a suspicious transaction in your payments center.
- We need to verify the information associated with the account.
- We need a little more information to comply with EU law (for European customers only).
Note: If we ask you to verify your account, any pending transactions will be canceled. Pending charges on your bank statement will disappear within 14 business days.
Notifications to verify your identity
If you saw one of these messages, you'll need to verify your identity.
- "Your transaction cannot be completed. To proceed, please submit the required documents by completing this form."
- "Your payments profile is currently suspended for violations of Google Payments' Terms of Service. Learn more."
- "Your payments profile is currently suspended because some information on your account couldn't be verified."
Follow the instructions included with the message to verify your identity.
How we use your information
Fix verification problems
If you received an email or saw an error message when you signed into the Google payments center, follow the instructions in the message to resolve the issue. We’ll contact you after we review your information.
If you failed verification, you’ll receive an email shortly after the decision. To appeal the decision, follow the instructions in the email.
For more help, contact us.