For certain kinds of transactions with your Google Account, we might need to verify your identity with information like your:
- Date of birth
You might also need to provide us with:
- An image of your Government ID
- Proof of address
Why we might ask you to verify
- To verify that your information is correct to access certain content.
- To verify your identity to complete a transaction with Google.
- We noticed unusual activity or transactions.
- We need more information for legal or regulatory reasons.
Important: If we ask you to verify your account, any pending transactions are canceled. Pending charges on your bank statement disappear within 14 business days.
How we use your information
Google uses the information you provide to:
- Verify your identity.
- Protect you against fraud and abuse.
- Improve verification services for Google products.
Your verified information, like your name and address, is stored with your Google Account and you can manage it at pay.google.com.
How to submit documents
To verify your identity, use the link in the verification request to find a list of accepted documents and instructions. Make sure your documents:
- Use the same full name across all documentation you submit
- Are current and not expired
- Are clearly legible
Make sure any image you upload:
- Is an image of a document and not anything else
- Is readable
- Is in color, not in black and white
- Doesn’t have blur, glare, or dim lighting
- Shows the full document with all 4 corners
- Go to pay.google.com.
- At the top, click Alerts .
- Click Verify now.
- To verify your identity, follow the on-screen instructions.
Fix verification problems
- If you received an email or got an error message, follow the instructions in the message.
- If you need help from our team to help resolve the issue, we’ll contact you after we review your information.
If you failed verification, you receive an email shortly after the decision. To appeal the decision, follow the instructions in the email.
If you need more help, contact us.