You can permanently end your Google Pay service. Once you end the Google Pay service associated with your Google Account, you can’t re-open it.
Before you close your payments profile
Here are a few things you may want to try before you close your profile.
- Make sure you know what this means for your Google Account. If you close your Google payments profile, you won’t be able to:
- Buy things from Google Play, AdWords, or other Google products.
- Use Google Pay to make purchases.
- Send or request money.
- Store gift cards, loyalty programs, and payment info.
- View your transaction history.
- If you want to erase your Google Pay data but still have the option to buy something in the future, you can:
Permanently end your service
Step 1: Delete information from Google Pay
This step deletes data like:
- Virtual account numbers for credit or debit cards and third-party linked accounts
- Loyalty cards, gift cards, offers, or transit tickets
- Your transactions using virtual account numbers
- Your in-store payment attempts
- Your in-store uses of loyalty cards, gift cards, offers, transit cards, and any other "Save to Google Pay" items
- Your Google Pay transactions for goods & services on non-Google apps and websites (except for digital in-app purchases)
- Requests for money that you sent or received using Google Pay (in-progress requests may still go through)
To get started:
- Go to myaccount.google.com
- Under ‘Account Preferences’, click Delete your account or services.
- Click Delete products.
- Next to Google Pay, click Remove .
- If you don’t see Google Pay listed, you’re all set.
- Confirm your choice.
Step 2: Permanently close your Google payments profile
To close your Google payments profile:
- Optional: If you have multiple profiles, go to pay.google.com and make sure you’re signed in to the profile you want to close.
- Go here.
This step affects data like:
- Credit cards, debit cards, and other payment methods saved for purchases on Google products and non-Google apps and websites
- Transaction info for purchases made on Google Play, Adwords, YouTube, or other Google products, as well as any digital in-app purchases
- Transaction info for money you’ve sent or received using Google Pay or Google Pay balance
Note: We may retain some info in your payments profile for a period of time after closure so that we can comply with legal and regulatory obligations.