Note: This feature is only available in the US. For the US territories, this is supported only if the debit card was issued under a US-licensed bank. If you'd like to know in advance whether your payment to or from a US territory will go through, please check with your card issuing bank.
You can use Google Pay to send money to friends and family or to someone using their email address or phone number. Google Pay charges no fees.
If you have a problem sending money, here is a list of likely reasons.
- Open the Google Pay app .
- At the bottom, tap +Send or request.
- Choose a contact.
- Enter the amount.
- Tap Send.
- Confirm or change your payment method.
- Tap Confirm & send.
- If you made a mistake or changed your mind, you have a few seconds to tap Cancel payment.
Note: Sending money to someone using a debit card or your Google Pay balance is usually the fastest.
If they don’t already use Google Pay and don't claim the payment within 14 days, the money will be returned to you.
There are limits on how much you can send with Google Pay.
- Single transaction: Up to $10,000 USD
- In 7 days: Up to $10,000 USD
- Florida residents: Up to $3,000 USD every 24 hours.
- Transactions over $2,500: The recipient will need to add a bank account to claim the money.