Send money to friends or family
Note: This feature is only available in the US and UK. People in the UK can only use this feature on the web.
You can use Google Pay to send money to friends and family or to someone using their email address or phone number. Google Pay charges no fees.
If you have a problem sending money, here is a list of likely reasons.
- On your computer, go to pay.google.com.
- Click Send or request money.
- Click Send money.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Enter your recipient's name, email address, or phone number.
- Check that the amount and payment method are correct. You can also include a memo.
- Click Send.
- If you made a mistake or changed your mind, you have a few seconds to click Cancel transfer.
Note: Sending money to someone using a debit card or your Google Pay balance is usually the fastest.
If they don’t already use Google Pay and don't claim the payment within 14 days, the money will be returned to you.
There are limits on how much you can send with Google Pay.
- Single transaction: Up to $10,000 USD
- In 7 days: Up to $10,000 USD
- Florida residents: Up to $3,000 USD every 24 hours.
- Transactions over $2,500: The recipient will need to add a bank account to claim the money.
Note: Google Pay transactions are covered by Google Pay Fraud Protection, even when you send money to a phone number or non-Gmail address. Transactions are also watched 24/7 for fraudulent or unauthorized activity.