Verify your payment method
This step helps your bank protect your account. Depending on your bank, you can choose from the following options. Your verification code comes from your bank, not Google Pay.
Note: Make sure your bank has your current phone number and email address so you get the codes.
How you can verify
After you get your code, make sure to go back and enter it in the Google Pay app.
By email or text
When you verify this way, your bank sends a verification code within a few minutes. If you don’t get one, contact your bank.
You can call your bank directly to get a verification code. For some banks, you can request a call through Google Pay.
By bank app
You might need to sign in to your bank's app to verify your payment method. If you don’t have the app, you might be asked to install it and then come back to Google Pay.
By temporary charge
A small charge, usually under $1, might temporarily show up on your card. You might get a notice about the charge, like a text or email.
To find your verification code:
- Sign in to your bank account.
- Find the charge that matches the amount in Google Pay.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Pay app .
- At the bottom, tap Payment.
- Under the payment method, tap Verify.
- Choose the amount and tap Verify.
Didn’t get a code
- Make sure you’re checking the right phone number, email address, app, or bank account for your verification method.
- Check that your device has a signal or is connected to Wi-Fi.
- If you still don’t get your code, choose a different verification method and try again.
- If other methods don’t work, call your bank.
Code isn’t working
- Check that you entered the code correctly.
- Choose a different verification method and try again.
- If your code still doesn’t work, call your bank.