Add a payment method
You can add cards, bank accounts, and other payment methods to Google Pay.
Important: Some features only work with certain payment methods.
Add a card or payment account
Note: After you add a card, you might see a small temporary charge on your account from Google. This charge checks that your card and account are valid. It won’t affect your balance and will go away soon.
All rewards stay the same
You’ll keep getting the same security, benefits, and rewards with all cards on Google Pay.
- Sign in to Payment methods.
- At the bottom, click Add payment method.
- Click Add a bank account.
- Enter the routing and account numbers for your bank account. You can find this information on a check or by contacting your bank.
- Click Save.
- If your bank offers instant verification, you’ll be asked to sign in to your bank account. If your bank doesn’t offer it or you choose test deposit:
- Google will make a small deposit in your bank account, which you’ll see after 2–3 days.
- To verify your bank info, confirm the deposit amount in Google Pay.
Some features of Google Pay:
- Might not be available in your country yet. Learn where Google Pay features are available.
- Are only available on some devices.
- Only work with certain payment methods. See the table below for more info.
|Pay in stores or on transit with your phone||See supported cards, banks, and services|
|Pay in apps and on websites||Debit cards, credit cards|
|Send or receive money||Debit cards, bank accounts|
|Pay for Google products||See Accepted payment methods|
Important: The send or receive money feature is only available in the US. For the US territories, this is supported only if the debit card was issued under a US-licensed bank.
- American Express
- Discover (U.S. only)
- JCB (Japan and U.S. only)
- Visa Electron (outside U.S. only)
- Elo credit cards (Brazil only; Elo debit cards aren’t accepted)
The types of cards accepted by Google services vary by location and product.
Note: You might notice temporary charges on your card when using a credit or debit card.
In some countries, you can add a bank account to Google Pay.
Some mobile devices and service plans can use direct carrier billing to make purchases on Google Play and YouTube.
In some countries, you can use PayPal to pay for some Google products and in participating stores, apps, and websites.
You can save your gift cards in Google Pay and use them in stores, in apps, and on the web. You can also use Google Pay promo codes.
For Google Play
Google Play gift cards and promo codes can be used to make purchases on Google Play in certain countries. They can't be used with other Google products like Google Voice or Project Fi. If you redeem a gift card or promo code, it will show in Google Pay as your Google Play balance.
You can't add these payment methods to Google Pay:
- Wire transfers
- Bank transfers
- Western Union
- Virtual credit cards (VCC)
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Any escrow type of payment
- Prepaid cards if you use automatic payments
Fix a problem
"Something went wrong"
"Your transaction cannot be completed"
Already seeing payment methods
New to Google Pay and already seeing payment methods? If you paid for something through Google in the past, Google Pay saved your card.