For a safer, more helpful way to pay and manage your money, we launched a new Google Pay app .
In the new Google Pay app, you can:
- Send and receive money from family and friends. Note that money you receive goes to your account as money in Google Pay.
- Make contactless payments.
- Order food from participating restaurants and eateries.
- Pay for gas, food, and parking at participating locations.
- Participate in promotions that provide opportunities to earn scratch cards and other rewards when you use Google Pay.
- Link your bank accounts, cards, and other transaction data sources, such as bills and receipts, to search across your spending.
- See financial insights based on your spending, such as for upcoming bills, credit limit, or bank fees.
In the Play store or App store, you can download the new Google Pay app .
Important: For the old Google Pay app , some features will go away in early 2021. For example, you won't be able to send, receive, or withdraw money. To continue to use these features, download the new Google Pay app .
What happens to my money or balance on the old Google Pay app?
Tip: If you choose not to move over to the new Google Pay app, you should withdraw your balance from the old Google Pay app. Also do this if you sign in to the new app with a different Google Account than the one with a balance on the old app.
How do I know if I have a balance in Google Pay?
Can I send money with the old Google Pay app?
Yes, but this feature will go away soon from the old app.
- Sometime in early 2021, you'll lose the ability to:
- Send, receive, claim, request, or withdraw money, or find past transactions where you sent or received money with the old Google Pay app .
- Send, request, receive, or withdraw money on Google Pay.
- Send or receive money for commercial payments.
To receive or request money, download the new Google Pay app . Learn how to send money with the new app.
Do I need to add my payment methods again?
Can I find my past transactions in the new app?
Yes. If you download the new Google Pay app, you can find transactions you made with the old or new app. To find all your transactions:
- Open the Google Pay app .
- Tap Insights .
- Scroll to the “Recent activity” section.
- To find your complete history of past transactions, at the bottom, select All transactions.