You can buy gas at participating gas stations with Google Pay.
Important: For this service to work, Google Pay needs to know your device’s location.
Where you can pay for gas
You can pay for gas at participating stations in the US, which include:
- Phillips 66
Pay for gas with Google Pay
Tip: If you don’t have a saved payment method in Google Pay, you’ll need to add a payment method. Learn how to add a payment method.
- On your phone, sign in to pay.google.com/gas.
- At some locations, you can also scan a QR code to get started.
- Tap Pay for gas.
- To allow Google Pay to use your current location, tap OK.
- To pay for gas, Google must confirm your location.
- On your phone, select the pump number you’d like to use and tap Continue.
- If you aren’t logged in to your Google Account, you’ll be prompted to.
- To accept the Terms of Service, tap Continue to payment.
- Select your payment method and tap Continue.
- Follow all posted safety instructions and pump your gas.
Find your receipt
Your receipt is sent to the primary email address of the Google Account you’re signed in to.
If you can’t pay for gas or experience issues with payment, verify your location is turned on and try a different pump.
Fix location errors
If you get a message that says, “Google Pay could not determine your precise location,” you might need to update your location settings.
Step 1: Turn your location on
- On your Android phone or tablet, go to the Settings app .
- Tap Location.
- Turn Use location on.
- Reopen the web browser you used to try to pay and reload the page.
- If you don’t get an error, on the message about your device’s location, tap Allow.
- If you still get an error after you reload, follow the instructions below.
Step 2: Allow Google Pay to access your browser location
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More Settings.
- Under "Advanced," tap Site settings.
- Tap Location.
- If Location is “blocked,” turn Location on.
- If a Google website is “blocked,” tap the website Location access Allow for current search engine
- Reopen the web browser you used to pay and reload the page.
- On the message about your device’s location, tap Allow.
Set up a payment method for contactless transactions
If you add one or more payment methods to Google Pay, you can set up contactless payments.
- Open the Google Pay app .
- At the bottom, tap Payment.
- Select a card or payment account.
- Tap Set up in-store payments.
- You may need to enter the expiration date and CVC on the back of your card.
Important: When you set up contactless payments in the Google Pay app, your payment method automatically adds to your Android device settings.
- If you uninstall the Google Pay app, your payment method stays in your Android device settings and can still be used. Learn how to remove payment methods from settings.
- If you remove your payment method from the Google Pay app, it’s automatically removed from your device too. Learn how to remove Google Pay payment methods.
Change your pump
If you select the wrong pump or the pump doesn’t work, wait 30 seconds for your request to be cancelled. You can start again and select a new pump.