About the Mobile Sites certification
Starting in January, Partners exams and certifications will be moved to Academy for Ads. Learn more about the exam and certification changes
The Mobile Sites certification is a professional accreditation that Google offers to individuals who demonstrate proficiency in basic and advanced aspects of mobile website design and development. A Mobile Sites certification allows individuals to demonstrate that Google recognizes them as an expert in mobile sites.
This article explains the benefits of getting certified, how to get certified, and how to share and communicate your certification status with others.
Before you begin
If you aren't signed up for Google Partners, you need to do so to access the Mobile Sites certification exam and become certified. Review "Sign up for Google Partners" to get started.
Any member of Google Partners can earn the Mobile Sites certification. The Mobile Sites certification allows you to demonstrate your expertise to current and prospective clients.
- Certificate: Show that you're a certified mobile sites professional with a personalized certificate that you can print.
- Profile page: Share your expertise with a Google Partners public profile page that lists your certifications.
How the Mobile Sites certification works
When you sign up for Partners, you'll get access to our free Mobile Sites certification exam and related study materials.
To become certified in Mobile Sites, you need to pass the Mobile Sites exam.
Currently, the Mobile Sites exam is available in English only.
How to share your certification status
Once you get certified, you'll be able to share your certification status with others by showing them your personalized certificate or Google Partners public profile page. Read each section below to learn how to access each one.
How to access your personalized certificate
Once you get certified, you'll be able to access a personalized, printable certificate from the "My profile" page in your Partners account. Follow the steps below to print your certificate.Steps to print your certificate
- Sign in to your Partners account.
- Click My profile in the "Overview" section.
- Scroll to the "Certifications and exams" section. You'll see all of the exams that you've passed and certifications that you've earned with their expirations dates.
- To view and print a certificate, you can either click the name of the certification or click the Print button on the card for the exam that you are certified in.
How to access your Partners public profile
You can demonstrate your expertise with your public profile, a read-only page that lists your AdWords certification status and all of the exams that you've passed. This page is a unique URL that's hosted on a google.com domain, and you can choose who can access it.
To get your public profile's URL and choose who can access it, go to the "Public profile" section of your "My profile" page. Keep in mind that by default, your profile is visible to you only.
Here's what will appear on your profile page:
- Your name: This name will be the same name that you use for your Google Account. If you'd like to change your name, read the section below on updating your name.
- Agency's name: If your Partners individual profile is affiliated with a company profile, we'll show your agency's name and link to its Partners profile if the profile is published in Google Partner Search.
- Photo: Your Google+ profile photo will automatically appear on your Partners profile page (note that your Google+ profile photo is always visible to the public). If your Google+ profile doesn't have a photo, then a photo won't appear on your Partners profile page.
- Google+ profile: A link to your Google+ profile will automatically appear on your Partners profile page. Keep in mind that you can choose who sees sections of your Google+ profile with certain people. Learn how to choose who can see sections of your Google+ profile.
- Certifications: We'll show your Partners certifications and a list of the exams that you've passed.
Not on Google+ yet? If you don't have a Google Account connected to your work email address, learn how to create one and access Google+. If you already have a Google Account connected to your work email address, find out how to add a photo to your Google+ profile.
How to share your Partners public profile
By default, your profile will be visible to you only, which means that no one will be able to see your profile page even if they have the URL to it. To share your profile with others, you'll need to make it visible to the public. Follow the steps below to edit your profile's visibility settings.Steps to edit your profile visibility settings
- Sign in to your Partners account.
- Click My profile in the "Overview" section.
- In the "Public profile" section of the page, click the Share with drop-down menu and select "Public" to make your profile visible to others. If you don't want anyone to be able to access your profile, select "Only you" from the drop-down menu (this setting will be selected by default).
Keep in mind that you can change your profile's visibility status at anytime by clicking the Share with drop-down menu and selecting a different setting.
If you access your public profile while signed in to your Partners account, your profile's visibility status will appear in a notification at the top of the page.
How to update your name for your certificate or public profile page
If the name that appears on your individual certificate or public profile page is incorrect, you'll need to update that information in your Partners account. To do so, you'll need to edit your Google Account information.Steps for changing your name in your Google Account
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Click the Edit profile link. You'll go to your Google+ profile page.
- Click your name to edit it. You'll see a box where you can edit your first or last name. Keep in mind that editing your profile name in Google+ will change your name in all the Google products you use for this account (for example, if your Gmail was linked to that same Google Account, then your name would change in Gmail, too).
Keep in mind that you can only change the name on your Google Account three times per year.
How to stay certified
A passing score on the Mobile Sites exam is valid for 12 months after the date that you passed the exam. You'll be notified when your exam is about to expire, and will need to retake the exam by the expiration date to maintain your certification.
Guidelines for communicating your certification status
Your Mobile Sites certification demonstrates that you're recognized by Google as an expert in mobile site design and development. Here's what you can say to current and prospective clients about this recognition:
- Your Mobile Sites certification recognizes that you're a certified mobile site developer.
- You received this accreditation after successfully passing the Mobile Sites exam administered by Google Partners.
Here are some additional guidelines about communicating your certification:
- You may only refer to yourself as certified if you, personally, have passed the certification exam. It's not enough for a co-worker to be certified.
- You can refer to yourself as "certified" as long as your certification remains in effect. After the expiration date, you may not refer to yourself as "certified" until you pass the exam again.
- You're allowed to mention your certification on your resume, business cards, LinkedIn profile, and other social media profiles. Keep in mind that Google Partners logos can only be used in accordance with our usage guidelines.
Frequently asked questions
The difference between the Mobile Sites and AdWords certifications
The Mobile Sites and AdWords certification are 2 separate certifications offered through the Google Partners program.
The Mobile Sites exam does not count toward the AdWords certification requirement. For example, if you pass the Mobile Sites exam and only the AdWords Fundamentals exam, you are not certified in AdWords.
- Mobile Sites certification: This certification is awarded to individuals who have passed the Mobile Sites exam. The certification shows that an individual demonstrates proficiency in basic and advanced aspects of mobile websites.
- AdWords certification: This certification is awarded to individuals who have passed the AdWords Fundamentals exam, and one additional AdWords exam (for example, the Search Advertising exam). The certification shows that an individual demonstrates proficiency in basic and advanced aspects of AdWords.
The difference between the Mobile Sites certification and the Google Partner badge
The Mobile Sites certification is not part of the Google Partner badge. This means that if you earn the Mobile Sites certification, it does not count toward the certification requirement to earn the Google Partner or Premier Partner badge.
Here's more information about the differences:
- Companies get badged. A company that meets the requirements for Partner status will earn the Google Partner or Premier Google Partner badge and be allowed to promote itself as a "Google Partner." Note that a company doesn't become a "Google Partner" simply by joining the program.
- Companies get specialized in AdWords. Specializations recognize companies that earn Partner status and demonstrate increased performance and product expertise in AdWords products. Note that a company can't earn a Mobile Sites specialization.