Set up a Google Partners company profile
Google Partners is Google’s program for advertising agencies, digital marketing professionals, and other online consultants. When you sign your company up for Partners, your company can get access to a range of benefits, including the Google Partner badge, Google Partner Search, and special events and trainings.
This article explains the steps you need to follow to create a Partners profile for your company.
Before you begin
If you aren't familiar with Partners or the requirements for signing up, review our introduction article About Google Partners before getting started.
AdWords manager account
Whether or not you've signed up for Partners, make sure the email address that you use has standard or administrative access to an AdWords manager account. We recommend that this manager account contains all of the accounts that your company manages. If you don't have standard or administrative access, follow the steps on inviting users to a manager account to get it. If you don't have a manager account, find out how to create one.
You'll need to create a profile for your company and make sure that employees with a Partners profile affiliate with it. By doing so, you can help make sure that your company gets access to all of the benefits of the Partners program.
Steps for setting up your company's profile
- Sign in to Partners. If you don't have a profile, learn how to create one.
- In the "Overview" section, enter your company's name in the search box and select the correct suggestion.
- If your company's name doesn't appear in the search results, click +Add company.
- Enter your company's name, the country where your company primarily does business, and your company's website. To make sure that you're authorized to use the website, you'll need to verify ownership of it using one of the following options:
- Via a confirmation email that we send you. You'll only get an email if your email address is at the same domain as the website. This option only works when you're setting up your company profile for the first time.
- Using one of the Google Search Console verification methods. You'll need to use the same Google Account that you used to sign up for Partners to verify ownership of the website in Search Console. Note that you'll need to use this option if you make changes to your website address that require you to verify the address again.
- Click Sign up.
- When you create your company's account, you'll become the account administrator and will get access to key information like your agency's Partner badge status. If you don't want to be the long-term administrator, you can make someone else who's affiliated with your company an admin.
- Make sure to complete your company profile, which is one of the requirements to earn the Partner badge. After you create your company profile, go to the "My company" section of your account and fill out any missing information.
How to complete your company's profile
You'll want to make sure your company profile is complete — a complete company profile is one of the requirements to earn the Partner badge and get access to benefits such as Google Partner Search. We'll use your company profile information for your company's Google Partner Search profile and to match your company to prospective clients searching on the tool.
- Sign in to Partners.
- Click My company in the navigation bar.
- Fill out the following information if you haven't already (you'll see a green checkmark if a section is complete):
- Basic information
- Profile language: Select the languages in which you'd like your company profile to appear in Google Partner Search. These will likely be the same languages in which you do business.
- Company name: Edit your company's name if it's different than what's currently there.
- Company description: Enter a description of your company in the language that you've selected. That way, for example, French-speaking clients searching Google Partner Search will be able to read a description of your company in French.
- Company logo: Enter the URL for your company's Google+ page to use the logo from that page on your company's Google Partner Search page. Note that the website used for your company's Google+ page needs to match the website you enter in your Partners company profile.
- Company website: Enter your company's website address. If you're changing your existing website address, you'll need to verify ownership of it with one of the Google Search Console verification methods.
- Company type: Select what type of company you are based on the services you offer, such as creative or digital services.
- Primary: Enter the main address where your company is located, such as its headquarters. This information is used to help us match your company with prospective clients on Google Partner Search.
- Other: Enter additional addresses where your company is located, such as regional offices.
- Industries: Select the industries your company serves, such as finance, consumer and packaged goods.
- Focus areas: Select the areas in which your company specializes, such as AdWords support or advertising on Google.
- Budget: Enter the minimum and maximum monthly budget that an advertiser should have to work with your company. If your company doesn't have maximum monthly budget that it serves, click the "I don't have one" checkbox below the maximum monthly budget field.
- Profile visibility: If your company has earned the Partner badge, you can control whether your company profile appears on Google Partner Search (note that your profile will appear by default).
- Profile URL: The URL for your company's Google Partners profile. You can copy and paste the URL to share with prospective and current clients.
- Auto-approved domains: If you'd like to automatically approve affiliation requests from people with a specific email domain, enter that domain and click Add. For example, if employees at your company have email addresses such as email@example.com, then you'd enter yourcompany.com.
What to do if you get an "AdWords manager account required" message
If the email address that you use to create your company's profile doesn't have standard or administrative access to your company's AdWords manager account, you'll get an error message telling you that a manager account is required. You need to do one of the following:
- Create company profile with an email address that has standard or administrative access to your company's manager account
- Give the email address that you're using to create the profile standard or administrative access to your company's manager account
- Create a manager account if you or your company don't have one
What to do if you get a "Company cannot be verified" message
If you get an error message saying that we cannot verify the website you entered, first check to make sure that you spelled the website correctly. If the website is spelled correctly, then you need to verify the website using one of the following methods:
- Email: You can verify the website via email by signing up for Partners with an email address at the same domain as the website. For example, if your company's website is www.example.com, then you need to sign up with an email address that's firstname.lastname@example.org. If you use this method, we'll send you an email to verify the website.
- Google Search Console: You can verify the website using one of the verification options available through Google Search Console. Keep in mind that you might need the help of your site's webmaster, admin, or other specialist when using one of the verification options.