About the Google Analytics IQ exam
- The Google Analytics IQ exam is designed to test your knowledge of digital analytics best practices and the Google Analytics platform. Passing the exam is required to earn a Google Analytics IQ certificate.
- To access the exam — which is free — you'll need to sign up for Partners.
How to prepare for the exam
To prepare for the exam, you should take the following Analytics Academy courses:
A study guide is also available.
The Google Analytics IQ exam is only available in the following languages: simplified Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish.
How to take the exams
To access the exams from your Partners account, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Partners at https://www.google.com/partners.
- Click Certifications to see your exam status. For example, you might see a message telling you how many exams you need to pass to get certified.
- Click See exams.
- Hover over the section of the exam that you'd like to take. Click Exam Details.
- Click Take exam to start taking the exam. Or, you can review the exam study materials linked to on this page.
When you pass an exam, it might take up to 48 hours for your exam status to appear on the exam page.
Time to complete exams
You'll have 90 minutes to complete the exam.
Keep in mind that you won't be able to pause the timer after you starting taking an exam. The exam timer will continue to count down even if your computer shuts down — so be sure that you won't be disturbed while taking the exam. If you do lose your connection, you can resume the exam where you left off when you’re connected again, but the timer will not stop during this time.
You’ll need a score of 80% to pass the exam.
Retaking the exam
If you don't pass the exam, you can retake it in seven days. Review the study guide to increase your chances of passing.
Keeping your individual qualification current
To keep your individual qualification current, you'll need to successfully pass the exam every 18 months.