Getting client leads with Google Partner Search
- Google Partner Search can help agencies grow their business.
- Agencies that have qualified for Partner status and have earned the Partner or Premier Partner badge are eligible to appear on Google Partner Search.
- Google Partner Search is a unique tool that helps prospective clients find Partner agencies that can meet their business needs and manage their AdWords accounts.
About Google Partner Search
Here the requirements to be eligible for Google Partner Search:
- Offer online advertising services, such as AdWords account management, online marketing plans, or website enhancement.
- Achieve Partner status and earn the Partner or Premier Partner badge.
- Have a Partners company profile that's set to appear on Partner Search. To check the status of your agency's company profile, an admin for the profile should go to the "My company" page and navigate to the "Profile Visibility" section. In that section, the "Include my company profile in Google Partner Search" checkbox should be selected.
How Google Partner Search works
Google Partner Search matches a company to a Partner based on a number of factors, including desired services, monthly budget, location, language, and industry.
Here's how it works:
- A company goes to Google Partner Search and selects whether they need help with advertising online, a website, or both.
- Then, we'll ask for the company's website, a well as the location where they'd prefer an agency be located. Based on this information, we'll show a list of matching Partners.
- The company can refine the results by entering a minimum monthly budget, their industry, services they'd like to receive, and languages they'd like an agency to support.
- The company can then contact your agency through Google Partner Search. The admins of your agency's company profile will get an email notification with the lead's contact information and business needs.
- Someone at your agency should then respond to the prospective client in a timely fashion.
How an agency's position in Google Partner Search is determined
Your agency's position in Google Partner Search is determined by a number of factors, including the services you offer and industries that you support, the minimum and maximum monthly budget you support, your location, and your performance with similar clients. Keep in mind that we don't include your Google Partner badge status or the number of specializations your company has earned when determine how Google Partner Search results are ranked.
To improve your chances of appearing higher in the results, your agency should focus on the following factors:
- Company performance: Ensure your company is delivering strong overall and product specific AdWords revenue and maximizing your clients’ campaign performance.
- Certifications: Ensure individuals affiliated with your company get AdWords certified.
Managing client leads and your company profile
Here are some tips for managing the companies that contact you through Google Partner Search:
- Educate and turn companies into clients by using the pitch resources in the Insights section of your Partners account.
- Use AdWords promotional offers to help turn companies into clients.
- Only take on clients that you can give the time and attention they will need to succeed.
Keep in mind that if you demonstrate that you're successfully turning the companies that you receive through Google Partner Search into clients, you’ll receive more client leads over time.
Here are some tips to help make sure your company profile includes the information we need to connect you to companies using Google Partner Search:
- Make sure you've set a minimum budget in the "Services" section of the "My company" page in your Partners account.
- Select the "Include my company profile in Google Partner Search" checkbox in the "Profile Visibility" section of your "My company" page.
Common questions about your Google Partner Search listing
Can't find your agency on Google Partner Search
As previously mentioned, only agencies that have qualified for Partner status and earned the Partner or Premier Partner the Partner badge are eligible to appear in Google Partner Search. Check with the admin of your agency's company profile to see if your agency qualifies for Partner status. If your agency hasn't met the qualifications, it won't appear in the Google Partner Search results.
If your agency has earned Partner status but isn't listed in the Google Partner Search results, review the tips included above on managing clients leads and your company profile.
Information on your Google Partner Search profile is incorrect
To change the information on your Google Partner Search profile, the admin for your agency's company profile can go to the "My company" page and edit the information in each of the following sections: "Locations," "Languages," or "Services."
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If your agency has offices in multiple locations, you can add your agency's name and profile description in different languages in the "Languages" section.
- We use the logo that appears on your agency's Google+ page as the logo for your Google Partner Search profile page. If you want to change your logo, you can do so by adding a Google+ page URL in the "Account information" section of the "My company" page. If you've already added a Google+ URL page, you'll need to change the logo on that page in order to change the logo on your Google Partner Search profile page.
- Find out how your agency can qualify for Google Partner status.
- Learn more about your company profile.
- Read and understand Google's Third-Party policy