About AdWords promotional offers
With Google Partners, you can get access to AdWords promotional offers, which you can use to pitch prospective clients, onboard newly acquired ones, or encourage existing clients to try new features or products. From your Partners account, you can directly apply a promotional code to eligible accounts that are linked to your AdWords manager accounts or generate them for prospective clients.
About promotional offers
We sometimes give promotional offers to companies, and the types of promotions that we make available can vary. Keep in mind that promotional offers require that certain criteria are met before the credit will show up in an AdWords account.
For example, you might be able to access a promotional offer such as "We'll match your spend for 30 days, up to $100." For that promotional offer, the 30 days begins when the promotional code is entered in your client's account. Now let’s say that your client's ads run during those 30 days, accruing $80 in costs. Five days afterwards, your client would get a credit in the amount of $80 in their account.
You'll need to do the following to be eligible for promotional offers through Partners:
- Create an AdWords manager account if your company doesn't already have one.
- Link your clients' AdWords accounts to your manager account or your company's top-level manager account.
- Link your Partners account to your manager account or your agency's top-level manager account. (This will be done automatically if you sign up with an email address that's been linked to the manager account that you're using).
- Affiliate your Partners profile with your company's profile.
Learn more about AdWords manager accounts — including how to create a manager account, link to your client's AdWords accounts, and link to your email account — in our AdWords Help Center article.
How promotional codes work
Each type of promotional offer has its own eligibility requirements, and you can see the requirements for each on the "Promotions" page of your Partners account.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Promotional codes are limited to one per customer.
- Promotional credits are good for future ad spend only and don't apply to ad spend accrued before the code was entered.
- If an account is canceled before the entire promotional credit is spent, the remaining balance can't be refunded.
- The value of a promotional credit depends on an account's billing country. A promotional offer meant for one billing country cannot be applied to an account with a different billing country.
- Promotional offers cannot be applied to your agency's own AdWords accounts.
- Find out how to access promotional offers in your Partners account.
- Find out more about how AdWords promotional codes work.
- Still have questions about Partners promotions? Contact us.