Orkut Help Forum posting guidelines
The Orkut Help Forum is an unmoderated forum. We're a unique community with specific needs, so we've created a few ground rules and best practices to make this the best place it can be.
Before you get started
- Make sure you've read the Google Help Forum Terms of Service.
- Make sure you've searched for the answer to your question before you ask it here. Google loves search, and we think we do it pretty well. If everyone uses the search box at the top of the page, we can avoid a lot of duplicate questions, and you may find answers to your questions more quickly.
Interacting with others
- Be careful. Never share your email address or personal information in the forum. Be cautious if you choose to contact others offline or ask others to contact you. We like you, and we want to ensure your safety, security, and privacy.
- Be nice to each other. This is a community of people who care about Orkut, and we want to keep things friendly. Personal attacks and name-calling are not permitted. This behavior may result in a warning or removal from the community.
- Be nice to the guides (Google employees). We're real people who care a lot about this forum and its users. We're always happy to hear your feedback, but be constructive.
- Be prepared to fight abuse. We're all the keepers of this community. In order to keep it informative and fun, we need your help keeping things clean. To mark a question or an answer as abuse, click the report abuse link next to that post.
How to make your posts
- Posts must be made by a person. We love nicknames (as long as they're appropriate), but keep in mind that user nicknames may not be an email address or a web address.
- Posts must be related to Orkut. This one is pretty self-explanatory. If you have questions about other Google products, click the Help with other Google products.
- Posts must be easy for others to read. Subject lines may not be in ALL CAPS or contain excessive punctuation. Posts may not contain unnecessary web addresses. While you're welcome to post a web address if you have troubleshooting questions related directly to the site, posts with excessive web addresses will be removed. Members who post excessive web addresses may be contacted by Google or removed from the group.
- Posts must be labeled with the most appropriate category. This forum is organized by categories, so please choose the appropriate category for your question.
What you shouldn't post
Posts shouldn't contain the following types of materials. If you post these types of content, you or your post may be removed from the group.
- Spam. In this forum, we're all responsible for keeping the community spam-free. Spam includes, but is not limited to, any promotional, commercial, or adult content, multiple instances of the same post, posts with web addresses unrelated to the question, and the transmission of malware, viruses, or anything that may disrupt service or harm others.
- Nudity and sexually explicit material. We don't allow nudity or sexually explicit material. We also don't allow content that drives traffic to commercial pornography sites.
- Violent or bullying behavior. Don't threaten, harass, or bully other users. This includes using profanity to abuse others.
- Hate speech. We don't allow the promotion of hatred toward groups of people based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Impersonation. We don't allow impersonation of others or other behavior that is misleading or intended to be misleading.
- Private and confidential information. We don't allow unauthorized publishing of people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, Social Security Numbers, driver's and other license numbers, or any other information that is not publicly accessible.
- Copyright. We will respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. Flag any copyright material as such by clicking the report abuse link and selecting the "copyright" option.
By posting in this forum, you agree to abide by the aforementioned rules. Breaking these rules may result in your post being removed, and severe abuses may lead to harsher penalties. Please read the Google Help Forum Terms of Service for further guidance. We reserve the right to change these rules at any point in our efforts to keep the forum clean, user-friendly, and safe. If you believe that someone is violating these posting guidelines, use the report abuse link on the post. If you click report abuse, we'll try to promptly review your report and take action if appropriate.
Let's work together to keep this forum a clean and friendly environment. Happy posting!