The Google Ads Data Processing Terms are meant for businesses affected by the European Economic Area (EEA) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), or other similar regulations. The Google Ads Data Processing Terms supersedes and replaces the previous Google Analytics Data Processing Amendment (including the German Analytics Data Processing Amendment).
Optimize customers who have a direct customer contract with Google may accept the Google Ads Data Processing Terms in the Edit Account section within their Account page. In order to enter into the Google Ads Data Processing Terms, Optimize 360 customers with businesses established outside of the EEA, UK or Switzerland need to proactively accept such terms in their Account Settings. Optimize 360 customers with businesses established in the EEA, UK or Switzerland and Optimize (standard) customers do not need to take such action as the Google Ads Data Processing Terms have already been incorporated in such customers’ terms.
Please note: Google Optimize 360 Sales Partners and Customers who purchase Google Optimize 360 via a Sales Partner ("Resale Clients") are not eligible to accept the Google Ads Data Processing Terms and will need to enter into separate data processing terms with Google or their Sales Partner, respectively, instead. Acceptance of the Google Ads Data Processing Terms by Google Optimize 360 Sales Partners and Resale Clients through the Google Optimize or Analytics UI will be invalid and will not create a binding agreement between Google and such Resale Clients.
Accepting the Data Processing Amendment
If you indicated you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the UK, or Switzerland when creating your account, you have already accepted the Data Processing Amendment as part of the terms of service. Users who indicated a different country (or did not indicate a country at signup) should follow these steps to accept the most recent Data Processing Amendment:
- Sign into Google Optimize.
- Navigate to your Accounts page.
- Click MORE  in the header of the account you wish to edit.
- Click Edit account details.
- Click View the Data Processing Amendment.
- Review the amendment and click ACCEPT.
- Click SAVE.
Providing contact details
If you accept the Data Processing Terms, you must also provide the following information:
- Legal Entity: A legal entity is the registered name for your organization for purposes of addressing financial and legal matters. Your organization may have more than one.
- Primary Contact (aka. "Notification Email Address"): The contact to whom notices under the Google Ads Data Processing Terms will be sent.
- Data Protection Officer: The person designated, where applicable, to facilitate compliance with the provisions of the GDPR and equivalent legislation in the UK.
- EEA Representative: The person designated, where applicable, to represent customers not established in the EU with regard to their obligations under the GDPR and equivalent legislation in the UK.