|This feature is only available in Google Optimize 360, part of Google Marketing Platform.
Learn more about Google Marketing Platform.
This article describes how to target Optimize experiences at Universal Analytics audiences. For information about how to target Optimize experiences at Google Analytics 4 audiences, see this article instead.
To target an Optimize experience at a Google Analytics audience, you must:
- Have a Google Analytics account.
- Create an Analytics audience with "Optimize" as the destination. Learn more
- Enable 360 features for your Optimize container. Learn more
- Link your Optimize 360 container to your Analytics property. Learn more
Targeting Analytics audiences
You can target Optimize experiences at Analytics audiences by following these steps:
- Create an Optimize experience.
- In Targeting, click +Create Rule, then click URLs.
- Add the URL that you wish to experiment on, then click ADD.
- Click AND to add another rule.
- Click Google Analytics audiences from the rules panel.
- Select an Analytics audience or multiple using the "or" operator
- Click SAVE.
- Start your experiment.
Some things to keep in mind when targeting Analytics audiences:
- A user must first visit your website to be included in an Analytics audience. Depending on your experiment configuration, this may influence your targeting criteria.
- Audiences are based on your first-party Analytics data and don't require enabling Remarketing or Advertiser Features in Analytics.
- Audiences shared with Optimize cannot contain Google audience data.
- Audiences created in User ID-enabled views aren't supported.