|This feature is only available in Google Optimize 360, part of Google Marketing Platform.
Learn more about Google Marketing Platform.
To target an Optimize experience at a Google Analytics audience you must:
- Have a Google Analytics account.
- Create an Analytics audience with "Optimize" as the destination. Learn more
- Enable 360 features for your Optimize container. Learn more
- Link your Optimize 360 container to your Analytics property. Learn more
Targeting Analytics audiences
You can target Optimize experiences at Analytics audiences by following these steps:
- Create an Optimize experience.
- In Targeting, click +Create Rule, then click URLs.
- Add the URL that you wish to experiment on, then click ADD.
- Click AND to add another rule.
- Click Google Analytics audiences from the rules panel.
- Select an Analytics audience or multiple using the "or" operator
- Click SAVE.
- Start your experiment.
Some things to keep in mind when targeting Analytics audiences:
- A user must first visit your website to be included in an Analytics audience. Depending on your experiment configuration, this may influence your targeting criteria.
- Audiences are based on your first-party Analytics data and don't require enabling Remarketing or Advertiser Features in Analytics.
- Audiences shared with Optimize cannot contain Google audience data.
- Audiences created in User ID-enabled views aren't supported.