What's new, what's changed.
This article includes bug fixes and feature enhancements that have been made to Optimize. Enhancements and changes are rolled out incrementally and may not be immediately available.
April 28, 2017
- Added support for changing the
srcattribute of an image element inside a picture element.
- Added support for changing the src of an image element with
- Added "skip now" button to the snippet install step in the container setup information panel.
- Updates to the Optimize snippet UI.
March 30, 2017
- Google Optimize now free for everyone (blog post).
March 17, 2017
- Style changes and enhancements to the reporting page.
- Added URL validation tool in the edit targeting condition dialog panel.
- The create container and start experiment buttons are not clickable if the user doesn’t have permission.
- Edit account flow now includes option to accept Data Processing Amendment (DPA).
March 10, 2017
- Inline installation of Google Chrome Extension.
- New warning text when changing variant weights on a running experiment.
- All Organizations you have access to are visible in the org picker (even if they don’t have Optimize accounts).
February 10, 2017
- Free: Removed one account and one container limits.
- Free: Get assistance banner added to footer to direct users to Optimize Community Forum.
- Additional required legal text added to email preferences during onboarding.
- Updated article: Deploy the page-hiding snippet – increased the timeout value to four seconds.
- Updated article: Deploy the Optimize snippet – split deploy and TMS into separate articles.
January 20, 2017
- Fixed an issue when user can’t rename the data-layer variable name when loading Optimize via GTM.
- The CSS code editor supports @media rules and these are properly respected for experiment users.
November 18, 2016
- Email notifications: Users will receive an email when they are added to an Optimize account. New users will receive a welcome email containing help article links when they create a new account or accept an invitation for the first time. Email notifications are only sent to users that have opted-in to the Tips and recommendations email preference.
- Container checklist: A new step-by-step Container Information checklist is available on the right side of the container page (a.k.a. the experiment list page). Click on any of the steps to view its details. Completed steps show a green checkmark. (Note: the “Install Optimize snippet” step is never checked.)
- Users settings: Added to overflow menu in the header.
- Optimize Community Forum: Added to overflow menu in the header.
- Secondary objectives can’t be modified once an experiment is running.
- When a container is not linked to an Analytics property in the experiment details page you will be directed to complete the linking.
November 11, 2016
- A user that has access (or an invitation) to an Optimize account can access the UI.
- Users that do not have access to the Analytics reporting data for the Optimize report will now see an explanatory no-access page.
- Fixed an issue when the trailing slash (“/”) gets stripped in redirect experiments when the redirect URL contains query parameters.
- Account and container creation is limited during the free launch. Non-org (a.k.a. personal) accounts can’t create new accounts or containers if they already have access to one. This is a temporary restriction during initial free launch.
- Empty account and experiment UI now include more information.
- Adding a new account, experiment, or user is more clear.
- New snippet UI.
- Launched Optimize user satisfaction surveys.
September 30, 2016
- Updated Optimize snippet dialog with the new snippet.
- New sign-up page added.
September 23, 2016
- "Time since first arrival" targeting criteria added to Behavior targeting.
September 16, 2016
- When you stop a running experiment you can create/start a new experiment immediately.
- Added data sharing settings to account creation and edit dialogs.
August 31, 2016
- New: Added tooltip for change count on experiment details page.
- Additional font and button style improvements.
July 31, 2016
- New: The Google Analytics snippet in Optimize defaults to a cookie domain of ‘auto’.
- Added: Account, container, and experiment pages offer suggested article links in the Help menu.
- Added: You can now search for Google Analytics properties when linking a container.
- Fixed: Blank experiment status bar for languages other than English.
- Deleting a container stops all experiments in it.
- Material design and UX enhancements.
If you encounter a bug or need further assistance please contact us.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?