Set up Optimize
After following the steps in this article, you'll have Optimize installed on your site and be ready to run experiments.In this article:
In order to use Optimize, you'll need the following:
- Google Analytics installed on your website.
- The Chrome web browser.
- (Optional) Optimize Chrome extension to create experiences in the Optimize visual editor. (Not required to view reports.)
Create your Optimize account and container
- Go to optimize.google.com.
- Click Create new Account.
- Enter an Account name.
- Enter a Container name.
- Agree to the Optimize2 Terms of Service.
- Click CREATE.
The Account and container setup best practices article has more details.
Link to Google Analytics
- In Optimize, go to Main menu > Accounts.
- Click on a container.
- Click Edit  next to Google Analytics in the Container information panel.
- In the property panel, select the Analytics property that corresponds to the web domain on which you’ll be running experiments. For example, if you created an Optimize container for example.com, select your example.com Analytics property.
- Select one or more Analytics views. Choose a view with few or no filters.
- Click SAVE.
Learn more about how to Link Optimize to Analytics.
Now that you’ve created your Optimize account and linked it to Google Analytics, you’re ready to install Optimize on your website.