Google Workspace for Nonprofits is available at no charge to organizations in the Google for Nonprofits program.
Upgrade an existing Google Workspace account to Google Workspace for Nonprofits
- If you are currently using Google Workspace Business Starter, you can submit your nonprofit’s existing Google Workspace account for upgrade by following the directions to activate Google Workspace for Nonprofits.
- If you are currently using another Google Workspace Business or Enterprise edition
- Log into your Admin Console at admin.google.com with your Google Workspace Admin email (tip: this is not an @gmail.com account)
- From the Admin console Home page, in the top left, click Menu BillingSubscriptions.
- At the top left, click Add a subscription.
- Scroll to Google Workspace Business Starter and click Downgrade. Follow the steps to complete the downgrade.
- Then, you can activate your nonprofit’s existing Google Workspace account with Google Workspace for Nonprofits.
You will not be charged for the remainder of your existing Google Workspace contract once you upgrade to Google Workspace for Nonprofits.
If you have any issues, please contact the Google Workspace support team.