"Could Not Load Image" Error
When I tried to launch a plug-in from Lightroom, I received the error “could not load image.” What does this mean?
This error occurs when the External Editing settings for the plug-ins are set to save the images as PSD files instead of TIFF files. To resolve the issue, please do the following:
1. While Lightroom is still open, click Edit> Preferences OR Lightroom > Preferences.
2. Click on the "External Editing" tab at the top of Preferences.
3. Midway down you will see the Preset drop-down bar. Select the affected plug-in from this list.
4. Change the file format from “PSD” to "TIFF.” Set the Bit Depth to 16-bit, Resolution to 240, and Compress to None.
5. Click on the Preset bar again and select "Update Preset ..." from the list to save the settings.
6. Repeat these steps for each Nik Collection plug-in listed as they should all be set to “TIFF.”
Please click to watch a video on how to perform the steps above.
If you receive the same error again after making this change, be sure to select “Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments” instead of “Edit Original” when opening the image.